No announcement yet.

Big Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also replaced the mounts for the intercooler as the old ones had perished (snapped). So not just doing the exterior stuff [emoji16][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• It's amaizing how plates can change the look of a vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Look good them, got them on my car but found the sticky tabs wouldn't hold properly on the front of mine probably due to a slight cure on the front bumper and also I think when I nudged something it slightly dented the plate and it now sticks out at one end!
        But I will order a set for my t4.
        Look a lot better than the standard plastic ones![emoji1303]

Comment

• Big Blue

Originally posted by Roccodog View Post
          Look good them, got them on my car but found the sticky tabs wouldn't hold properly on the front of mine probably due to a slight cure on the front bumper and also I think when I nudged something it slightly dented the plate and it now sticks out at one end!
          But I will order a set for my t4.
          Look a lot better than the standard plastic ones![emoji1303]

The plastic frame screws on to the same places as the old plastic plates and the metal plate slides in with a nice tight fit. Have put some of the foam double sided tape on the back of the frame too just for extra snug fit- also in case of any vibration against the bodywork.

The old plates- especially the front one- were covered in cracks so looked pretty bad especially close up.

Tom

Comment

• Just got mine off eBay, under £14.00
            Last year I paid over£20 for the ones on my car!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roccodog View Post
              Just got mine off eBay, under £14.00
              Last year I paid over£20 for the ones on my car!

Good work.

Tom

Comment

• Have put some of these on my Xmas list, they look cool.

Comment

• Seems I’ve got some sort of turbo leak- seems to spool up like normal from approx 2000 revs but starting about 2500 getting a hissing noise that gets loader as you increase the revs - almost sounds like it’s blowing through the air vents!

Too dark to look tonight. Wondering if it’s a vac pipe or maybe an intercooler pipe. Could relate to fitting of my Allard pipe I suppose...

Comment

• Does sound like an air leak of some sort mate.

Comment

• So turns out it’s the old egr pipe has cracked where I left it in place but capped off - the nuts are rusted solid so couldn’t take it off even after a clean up and penetrating oil etc- one of fairly rounded off too for good measure.

Knew it would split when left but didn’t expect it so fast! So now need to figure out how to get it off and then fit the blanking plate- it’s a tight space to work in too!

Comment

• Loads of penetrating oil get the engine hot and go for a smaller socket (hammer home if necessary) or I have used freeze sprey to good affect especially when you do it from hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                          Loads of penetrating oil get the engine hot and go for a smaller socket (hammer home if necessary) or I have used freeze sprey to good affect especially when you do it from hot.

Yeah, tried most of that. Have taken her down to my local mechanic - they are working on it now!

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
                            Yeah, tried most of that. Have taken her down to my local mechanic - they are working on it now!

Tom
                            Sometimes it's better to pay someone than to loos your temper and pat for broken parts!! (Don't need to ask how I know!!!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                              Sometimes it's better to pay someone than to loos your temper and pat for broken parts!! (Don't need to ask how I know!!!)

Yeah, that and let’s just say I’ve got a little less skin on my wrist than I had this morning!

Tom

Comment

• Lol oops

Comment

Working...
                                X