Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
    These bloody vans
    But we'd not be without them....my auto box failed last week, I'm gonna be £2k lighter by the end of the month but I still love the old girl

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by karma846 View Post
      but we'd not be without them....my auto box failed last week, i'm gonna be £2k lighter by the end of the month but i still love the old girl

sent from my huawei vns-l31 using tapatalk
      true......

Comment

• Originally posted by karma846 View Post
        But we'd not be without them....my auto box failed last week, I'm gonna be £2k lighter by the end of the month but I still love the old girl

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
        Exactly. Also, generally keeping it on the road still works out cheaper for me than going off and forking out for something newer (at least that’s what I tell myself).

Plus I get to mess around with it and get it how I want it.

Looking forward to getting it back anyway- currently driving a Citroen C1 go kart which they gave me as a courtesy car! [emoji594]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
          And the results are in....

#fail

[emoji23]

Wasn’t surprising. New brake pads all around and warped front discs.

Also a lot of play in tracking rods and apparently a split boot on transmission somewhere (wasn’t really listening at that point).

Apart from that, not at all bad apparently- some surface rust (that’ll be the scabby arches) and a coupe of tyres are getting a bit cracked.

Something like £600 all in. I won’t grumble - if I wasn’t moving this coming week I’d get the parts and get to it myself but needs must and all that! Another year on the road [emoji1303]

That’s a little bit expensive for brake pads all round and new front discs and a CV boot ? Or are you getting the tyres replaced aswell ?

Comment

• Big Blue

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
            That’s a little bit expensive for brake pads all round and new front discs and a CV boot ? Or are you getting the tyres replaced aswell ?
            And new track rod ends (might even rods too - will check when I pick it up) tracking and of course the MOT cost.

Last edited by Sirfbum; 8 January 2019, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• Got big blue back today- drives like a different van. The brakes work, the steering works.... so this is what it should feel like [emoji23]

Comment

• Nice 1 sirfbum. Glad to hear it's sorted.

Comment

• Was driving home this evening on the dual carriageway, wound my window down a crack and my wind deflector did one and vanished off into the night. Balls! Guess I’ll be ordering a new pair!

Comment

• Bugger......

Comment

• Not sure it needs to be up there to change a wind deflector!!! [emoji6][emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

• Big Blue

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
                        Not sure it needs to be up there to change a wind deflector!!! [emoji6][emoji106]

[emoji23] I wish it was just that!

Big clunking noise coming from offside wheel arch area. I just had new CV joint fitted so suspected it was something they had done. However, once in the ramp looks like there is loads of play in the drive shaft going into the gear box.

https://youtu.be/aB1AziEhh44

They are going to see if they can just tighten up the inner joint (just an Allen key apparently?) but have warned that worse case may be a gearbox strip down?

Any thoughts chaps? I’m out of my depth with this one!

Last edited by Sirfbum; 21 January 2019, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Just after posting that, they called to say it’s a faulty inner CV joint- the one they installed is defective. So they’ve re-ordered and will be done by tomorrow under waruntee - Phew!

Comment

• Happy days mate [emoji106]

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
                              Just after posting that, they called to say it’s a faulty inner CV joint- the one they installed is defective. So they’ve re-ordered and will be done by tomorrow under waruntee - Phew!

Great News 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

T4ism is not a Dis-ease Just T4s

Comment

• That's a relief! [emoji106]

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X