Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 T4 1.9TD engine blown....need help (total newbie!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 T4 1.9TD engine blown....need help (total newbie!)

Hi all, wonder if anyone can help...my 1.9TD (ABL) engine blew up with 'Turbo run'(?) last week. The engine is wrecked, so I am after some help with either engine replacement or engine conversion. I am able to do the replacement but would need to pay someone to do the conversion I think. I am in Cardiff area in South Wales. ANY help would be massively appreciated!!!!! Thanks in advance

If your going for a like for like swap ask on here someone may have an ABL squirrelled away somewhere. I like he old motor myself.

Comment

How do I go about finding out if someone has one? I have no clue what to do...!!!

Comment

Plenty will see your thread mate so that may get the ball rolling or someone may know someone with one for sale.

Comment

All depends on funds I guess. I'm in Midlands and have just forked out 2k on engine rebuild and fitting. Had new clutch and cyclinder head as part of rebuild as well. I needed it doing quick as my main vehicle. I was tempted to go full tdi with a doner vehicle but decided I'd rather just get new engine with warranty. At least I have piece of mind. If I'd done a tdi conversion and then the chuffer had issues I'd of been really p#ssed! So as said 2k 12months warranty or 12k miles and still old skool ABL so no electronics worries.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Just T4s

Comment

There's a cracking tdi engine on the other forum for sale. It's been rebuilt and is so clean you could eat your dinner off it. I've got the blokes number if you need it. I was going to buy but am sticking with the 2.5 now and fixing it up as I go along.
            Blokes got it attached to gear box as well which has only done 98k.

Comment

Much prefer older engines, like some have mentioned no electrical issues ( unlike my Passat 2.0 tdi [emoji35]) give me wind up windows over electric any day!!!! Wouldn't even mind an hole in the drivers foot well and run on flintstone power [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

That's it, we have a 1.9td wind up windows, no central locking or ecu to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  That's it, we have a 1.9td wind up windows, no central locking or ecu to worry about.
                  Same here, even I can work on the engine!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Just T4s

Comment

Don't even have to stay with ABL and pay the scene tax, plenty of 1.9 engines that will do the business - if your turbo is still usable (I'm guessing not) then you could even buy a non-turbo engine and swap the turbo on.

Or run a TDI with a mechanical pump - no electrics.

Comment

Working...
                    X