No announcement yet.

Day van build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All sound proofing done on side panels and tailgate.

Tony

Comment

Looking fab Tony. Should of sold you mine a keeped this one as solid straight. Unlike my bloody bag of poo it's making me spend money on none shinny things 😂
      dyslexics are teople poo

Comment

Thanks Kaz.
        The inside is totally empty at the moment apart from wiring loom.
        Couple of bits of welding need doing on rear floor but that's all I've found so I'm well happy.

Tony

Comment

Tony

Comment

Blimey wheres your dash gone? thought I,d gone a bit mad stripping ours looking for rust. Hope you found as little as we did.

Comment

The only rust I've found so far are them black spots in the picture of the back.
              I've ground them out and put rust treatment on them. Just goto cut some metal then weld them up.

Tony

Comment

I took the dash out to paint it black. I did cherry blossom it but wasn't happy with the finish as it didn't take in places properly.
                Just havnt got round to finishing the dash yet.
                Going to sound proof the cab floor then put carpet down and not the rubber mat that was it it.

Tony

Comment

See I like the rubber matt, shame you cant get one for the back. Wife wants carpet in rear, I want rude boy 2 tone lino. you know who'll win. Best order a carpet sweeper.

Comment

The rubber mat is too builder van for me. Want to make it a bit more refined if I can.
                    The women always win don't they. Lol.

Tony

Comment

I left the rubber matt in mine and I've just got the carpet that goes over it.

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
                        I left the rubber matt in mine and I've just got the carpet that goes over it.

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!
                        I did the same left my rubber mat down and put the ply over the top of it it's good sound deadening

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

I did look at that option but just wanted to get rid of the rubber mat totally.
                          Will be ordering floor mat from VW Heritage when I can afford it.
                          Just goto carpet the inner arches then which shouldn't be hard.

Tony

Comment

Looking forward to seeing your progress. Keep the photos coming

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

Just thought I put a few more picks up.
                              After I did all panels with sound proofing I then went over that with self adhesive foil bubble wrap.
                              Am thinking of putting 8mm closed cell foam on top of that.

Tony

Comment

This is the insulation (foam) I am thinking of putting in next.
                                Would use this on all panels including floor and roof.
                                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252943189711

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X