What aerial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What aerial?

The current aerial fitted is a scabby flexible one that looks as if the dog has chewed the end and seems to be rather useless compared to all the others in the household.
    What have people fitted ? Not interested in some boutique extra special 100 quid job.
    It is in a silly place, up against the windscreen buy the door pillar. Standard? I assume so yet inhibits the use of a full length wiper blade. I'll live with that I guess . Post some links if you can or shall I just go to the nearest Motorworld and buy a cheapy?

I've had two ebay 'genuine' oem replacements. - not cheapo ones.

The first one had no reception, went rusty and fell in half in a matter of weeks and was replaced.

The second one still has no reception but at least it hasn't gone rusty.

I want a DAB headunit now so will also be looking for a decent aerial.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      I've had two ebay 'genuine' oem replacements. - not cheapo ones.

The first one had no reception, went rusty and fell in half in a matter of weeks and was replaced.

The second one still has no reception but at least it hasn't gone rusty.

I want a DAB headunit now so will also be looking for a decent aerial.
      All the dab radios I've had have had shite reception, from cars to indoors, all shit, I went back to normal as I got bored of paying out for aerials/ ways of improving it.
      That said if you do come across a decent setup put the details up please [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

I’ve got a beesting on the roof,bit of nineties throw back.bout £10 off eBay.If the connections on the aerial cable aren’t the same you can splice them together,but remember that the cable has an inner cable inside a plastic sleeve aswell as the outer braiding.Both need to be connected.Do that and you’ll get good reception

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
          I’ve got a beesting on the roof,bit of nineties throw back.bout £10 off eBay.If the connections on the aerial cable aren’t the same you can splice them together,but remember that the cable has an inner cable inside a plastic sleeve aswell as the outer braiding.Both need to be connected.Do that and you’ll get good reception
          Cheers bud [emoji106]

Comment

I put a stumpy DAB one up on the front of the roof. Above the interior light. I don't bother with FM now as I have never had any problems with DAB reception.

Comment

Ignore me.
              Just went to have a deeper look to find that some previous owner has fitted an aerial with a conventional end rather than the VW type. To make it "fit" they have chopped of the terminal on the end coming from the radio and twisted it around the conventional end. Taking this back to the radio produces a perfectly good sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
                All the dab radios I've had have had shite reception,
                I live in a poor signal area, DAB struggles. So I have been listening via a wifi amp

Just bought a portable sandstrom unit and it works fine in the house and outside, so good in fact I went back and bought another for the garage. Hurruh, no more Radio 1 to endure

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  I live in a poor signal area, DAB struggles. So I have been listening via a wifi amp

Just bought a portable sandstrom unit and it works fine in the house and outside, so good in fact I went back and bought another for the garage. Hurruh, no more Radio 1 to endure
                  Happy days radio 1 is utter dog shit so anything's better than that mate [emoji106]

Comment

I’m about to fit a powered DAB/FM aerial on the roof, problem is as part of my sunroof project I can’t fit it at the rear as I wanted, would it still be ok at the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

It’ll be just as good on the front mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

I've got a dab antenna that sticks to the inside of the windscreen. The reception is patchy at best and not as good as the old external one. My fm antenna is embedded in the windscreen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X