Caliper paint Recommendation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caliper paint Recommendation...

Just fitted new vented discs and calipers - of course to match the van i want red.

Any recommendation on type of paint and prep to get get em looking the best, nice little weekend job i hope

Hand painted, not to bad

Old rusty dusty caliper upgrade (from Ex AA patrol vehicle calipers)
    If you look in the background on the floor there's my old solids - totally useless for a van with this engine size

Fresh painted caliper

Side view
    Last edited by LifesABlast; 16 August 2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Nice, what paint did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebelle View Post
        Nice, what paint did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        hi ya blue belle

I used powered wire brush wheel (attached to a cordless grinder) , then cleaned with paint wipes.

The paint was from Halfords they had a few colours - Halfords brake caliper paint (own brand)
        It was a hot days Sunday so put on a few coats 15 mins apart (started with a couple of thin coats) then wet filled the brush and let it drip into some of the small recesses.

Masked off the bleed nipple, discs and brake lines, managed to get a bit on the bolts but only lightly

Last edited by LifesABlast; 16 August 2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

They haven't come up to bad have they.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
            They haven't come up to bad have they.

Yeh, not to bad. God knows what mess I would have made with a spray can, it was kinda therapeutic.
            I held off looking for other things to paint, sooooo tempted

Comment

Just got a polo gti should have red calipers as standard but two have been replaced. Think i'll pop to Halfords in Hereford and get some of that paint sunday.

Comment

Just got a polo gti should have red calipers as standard but two have been replaced. Think i'll pop to Halfords in Hereford and get some of that paint sunday.
                Word of caution, the first can erupted in the bag on the way home, hence that paint prep packaging covered in paint (I ain't that messy)
                Probably best make sure lid is well and truly stuck down.

The store manager was well apologetic and gave me a fresh can and the thinners ...gratis

Comment

Got mine home still in the tin, thanks.

Comment

Got mine home still in the tin, thanks.
                    Forgot to ask , what colour did ya go for, and did you get chance to do em?

Comment

Red mate, as that's the colour of them from new on the polo but two have been replaced. Paint still in the tin as I just haven't found the time to do yet. Trouble is now I,ve got the van back on the drive I'll want to play with that instead.
                      Last edited by S49; 2 September 2017, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X