Best festivals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best festivals?

Just went to my first ever VW festival in Dubtoberfest and had an amazing time, much much better than I expected. I'll be honest, I initially only booked it because i liked the band's that were going there, but absolutely loved how friendly everyone was and the atmosphere there. We got talking to so many people and loved looking at all the gorgeous vans there. We made a few friends and swapped numbers to meet up in festivals in the future.

We will definitely be going to loads of festivals next year and maybe look at going to club camping to go with the same people to different festivals

What are the best ones to go to? We live in south Wales so either local ones or don't mind travelling for really good larger festivals
    I'm a dubber for life now!

Thanks for your help

in south Wales you have the Westest VW fest a small but upcoming really friendly show, in pembrokeshire and then you have volksfest in Brecon, I went to it years ago and it was pretty good. Then you have the usual suspects Camperjam and Busfest, check out http://www.vwshows.com/ for all the ones up comming.

Comment

I so wish we had this kind of thing for T4 owners here in Tasmania

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

http://thewestestvwfest.simplesite.com/ and http://www.volksfest.wales/

Comment

Originally posted by Grubb05 View Post
          I so wish we had this kind of thing for T4 owners here in Tasmania

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s
          That would be some trek for a show!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ricrhys View Post
            in south Wales you have the Westest VW fest a small but upcoming really friendly show, in pembrokeshire and then you have volksfest in Brecon, I went to it years ago and it was pretty good. Then you have the usual suspects Camperjam and Busfest, check out http://www.vwshows.com/ for all the ones up comming.
            Thank you very much for the link for all the festivals, there's so many of them! So the biggest ones are camper jam and busfest? Are there any other big ones?

Cheers

Comment

Dubtoberfest was awesome! My first show too

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by sarahw1984 View Post
                Dubtoberfest was awesome! My first show too

I can't believe how much I loved it! I spent all weekend saying how much I wanted to go to more vw festivals and how I can't believe I hadn't been to others already!

Comment

Originally posted by hywel1984 View Post
                  I can't believe how much I loved it! I spent all weekend saying how much I wanted to go to more vw festivals and how I can't believe I hadn't been to others already!
                  Totally agree! Well I have only had Nemo for 3 months and done a few dog shows but I also work shifts so can only usually have 2 weekends off a month

Comment

Harewood hill is another big one I'll be going for the first time next year hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by hywel1984 View Post
                      Thank you very much for the link for all the festivals, there's so many of them! So the biggest ones are camper jam and busfest? Are there any other big ones?

Cheers
                      Having been to busfest a few times but only on day visits, it is one of the largest bus/camper shows but I would have to say the biggest by far 'all vw' show has to be bugjam. It's probably 3-4 times the size of busfest, we have been going every year for the past 15 years.

Comment

There's a small but great one near Bridgnorth (Shropshire) called Dubz in the valley in October, great rural venue, really friendly and informal, well worth a try, hope to see you there!? :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Just T4s

Comment

...getting bigger every year!

Comment

Originally posted by Ty-T4ever View Post
                            There's a small but great one near Bridgnorth (Shropshire) called Dubz in the valley in October, great rural venue, really friendly and informal, well worth a try, hope to see you there!? :-)

Just a note TY that's in September 15-17th, just ha d nosey on the web because its not far from me so might pop to it!

Comment

Originally posted by chally69 View Post
                              Having been to busfest a few times but only on day visits, it is one of the largest bus/camper shows but I would have to say the biggest by far 'all vw' show has to be bugjam. It's probably 3-4 times the size of busfest, we have been going every year for the past 15 years.

Does bug jam concentrate on non camper VW's then? Or are there plenty of campers there too

Comment

Working...
                              X