Gaz' T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaz' T4

In spring 2014 I bought this...(hope the upload works)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pre Purchase outside.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	269646

Click image for larger version

Name:	Purchase Inside T4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	269647

Anyway, I started a "to do" list which inevitably got shorter, then longer and sometimes a bit shorter, just like everyone else.

Flash-forward 2 years and the head gasket has gone. A visit to the "pon" dealer gave me a list, literally, as long as my arm of things which required attention. After asking the guy on the front desk, "how much to get the head off and inspect it?" I got a reply which I immediately thought "eff off you effin idiot, that aint gonna happen", he said "if I were you, I would buy a new car".

For starters, it isn't a car you pr!£k and secondly, that isn't gonna happen. So now I am booked in to MV in Telford for a new head and associated parts. I am mid way through sourcing 313 front brake parts and then have to get the car APK'd (NL version of MOT). I hate having a UK car over here.

Here was my original To-Do list:

Gear linkage upgrade (Done short shift upgrade, easy.)
    Insulate/Noise reduction on wheel arches Done
    ECU remap (£200 Transporter tuning in Gloucester) & Pipercross filter? Remap done, probably do another next year due to upgrades after map.
    Cluster change (Passat cluster) Not arsed about this anymore
    Upgrade Stereo/speakers (6x9, Sub, Amp, poss headunit) The stereo is upgraded, more work to follow
    Alloys Off, Steelys on (Matte black powdered 16inch, how wide for comfort and economy???)Borbet A's waiting to be finished and applied to van
    Install Cruise control (or multi function steering wheel? possible)Done, AMAZING
    Vinyl up side panels (Easy wipedown side walls) Interior was re-carpeted/vinyl'd but think eventually it will be re-done in grey carpet (doesnt show dog hair as much
    Interior upgrade (Stickerbomb &/or flocking @newport autotint?)Sprayed the dash, will do it again when looking shoddy
    Install handsfree kit (Parrot system?) Dont see the need at the moment
    Elec window mod Done
    Elec Mirror mod Dont see the need at the moment
    Bull horns/Side Bars?Bull horns!!?? was I high or deluded??? Waiting to get money for aesthetics like side bars.
    Stiffen Suspension?? Done, sachs HD and eibach springs fitted. probably fit torsion/roll bar at later date
    Headlight upgrade? The ONLY way to go, is Turk's Quad design.

So that is the original list and the whether or not it has been done. Currently the wheels are in the back, we have an vango airbeam and were going touring eastern Europe until the gasket blew last month. Now she needs to be fixed and we will probably just goto Germany and Poland.

Updated photos will follow

I've got a pait of 313mm brakes off a sharan v6, £150 if that's any use to you? Calipers, carriers, should have bolts. I'd probably spend £20 and buy a rebuild kit from big redd, although the last pair I stripped were spotless internally so I would expect these to be ok. Can include a reg number for the donor car so you can order pads and discs from ECP.

Comment

Pm'd, cheers pal

Comment

Working...
      X