New fella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fella

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I've been on the look out for a t4 for a while now. I've admired them for years since I was a child, from my dad's first brand new red 888 special way back in the day, he's still driving transporters to this day, now the newest model. Anyway long story short I'm mad looking for one, but don't really know which engine to go for. Il be looking to do a little tuning to it, not mad power but fast enough. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks guys

If you want to do any real tuning then the tdi is the one to go for doesn't matter which really. All engines can be have a little fettling though

Comment

Yeah will Defo be going for a tdi. Would you recommend the 19 or the 5 cylinder

Comment

Only 1.9 you get would be a home/garage conversion as the never did a 1.9tdi. The 2.5 would be my choice all day long

Comment

Yeah I'd go for the 2.5 every time I've rebuilt so many pd engines in golf after the cam has eaten through the lifters it's unreal

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

As Dan said, the 2.5 is the only real option there. Some may go on about reliability etc, but all the engines were good, albeit in different ways.

Comment

Working...
            X