Just getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just getting started

Only just joined the forum today and have found it full of useful information.

I have had my T4 about a year and it's my pride and joy, I never thought I would love a vehicle so much after only ever having ford fiesta's for transport before. It's broken down twice(thank God for the AA) and cost me a fortune in parts and labour but the weekends away in her and fun my wife and i have had in her have been priceless!
    I'm going to my first VW festival this year, Dubtoberfest, and can't wait. I've really bought into the DUB mentality and wave at every T4 I see!
    Being white and standard, it's very boring, but thanks to this forum and a brilliant tutorial on how to remove the dashboard to spray it before long it'll have a pretty, colourful, unique interior and I've booked to have to seats recovered in the first week of August as soon as they could fit me in.

I'm so excited to have a T4 that'll be unique and stand out so hopefully it will turn some heads in the VW festivals next year.
    Just need to save up for a respray now!

Or as it's more commonly seen

Nothing boring about white 😉
    Looks good!!! What engine does she have?

Comment

Nice van [emoji106] which engine does it have ?

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Hello and welcome ours is white and matches our other 2 vdubs.

Comment

Welcome to the crew, nice looking van.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome and I know that feeling, day I picked mine up got 40 miles down the road and had to do the rest with the help of the AA!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, keep them updates coming, always nice to see others ideas on these old buses 👍

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                Nothing boring about white 😉
                Looks good!!! What engine does she have?
                It's an 800 special so I think it's a 1.9td
                Feels like I'm driving a brick most of the time!
                It does go ok on a motorway after its had time to build up it's speed but if there's any incline on the road then it's useless.
                All adds to the charm though [emoji4]

Comment

Theres a list of mods on here, get them done and you'll see a difference.

Comment

Thanks. I want to make her look pretty first then I'll have a look under the bonnet!
                    I've heard of a 5th gear mod that increases top speed and fuel efficiency, maybe I'll try that.

That's the only problem with my T4, I'm always looking at ways I can upgrade it or make it stand out from the crowd! It's costing me a bloody fortune!

Comment

Don't do the 5th gear before you do the fuel pump/turbo adjustments or she will grind to a halt in 5th. Reason being lack of torque to turn it.
                      If you do the pump/turbo adjustment you can hang on to 5th longer.

Comment

I've just done my fuel and boost this weekend, much better drive but it is still a bit lacking with the 5th gear mod, saying that I haven't been on a motorway yet !

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Clean van that, where abouts you from Hywel?

Comment

Nothing wrong with just plain white mate ........ in fact, I think it's the best colour !

Like you, I think the world of my 'Lulu', love her to bits. Had her ten years now >>

Yours looks like mint condition, what's the mileage ?

A T4 isn't just a van ......... it's a life style

TURK
                            Yeah, baby ! ........ new Multivan 151bhp AHY 'BigBlue' ; ) >> http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1023689
                            And ......... Lulu, T4 2.5 TDi short nose 126bhp > http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=276554
                            The T4 Quad Headlight Project > http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=249064

Comment

White looks good to me [emoji4]

Comment

Working...
                              X