our t4 is strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our t4 is strange

Hi me and my wife always liked t4s. We now got one., but we are confused. Its a long wheel base long nose lh drive. Westfella inside with captains seat table roll out bed. Told a 1.9 engine.
    This is where it gets strange. I have a intercooler on top but its half connected?

Hard to explain but all the small pipes seem to be plugged from intercooler. plugged from a Westgate valve just hanging. There is a 3 way thing that has no pipes to it. Any ideas engine runs fine no oil is use water good? is this a euro spec? Engine is slow but it is a van...

Been told it should not have a intercooler but Haynes manual shows one but is it just for the bigger engines. How can I tell if maybe a 2.5 or has someone one fitted a intercooler to a 1.9
    Attached Files

Has the turbo been by passed it runs well uses no oil on motorway daily do 70 easy buy has no kick when put foot down? I will try and get some pics on tomorrow of engine etc...
    We love the van looks good body work good inside good , but engine is confusing, no local garage will identify what without charging just to say!!!!!! and aim no mechanic.

Comment

Photos of the engine will be very useful. Presuming the photo of the blue T4 is the van in question, then it is not a long wheel base, it is a short wheel base

Comment

WP_20160507_014.jpgWP_20160507_015.jpgWP_20160507_016.jpgWP_20160507_017.jpgWP_20160507_018.jpgWP_20160507_019.jpgWP_20160507_020.jpgWP_20160507_021.jpgWP_20160507_022.jpg

Thanks I attach more pics. Sure it is longer than other t4s I have seen?

Comment

our t4 is strange

Hi there, it looks like a long wheel base, the same as mine ( 1.9TD) as standard there is no inter cooler on mine. So it may possibly be a larger engined model or possibly an after market mod? Hope the info is of some use.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
          Last edited by Listeron; 14 September 2016, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Defo swb.

Maybe a TDI running the TD pump?

Comment

I thought it looked like a Swb? The 2.5 102 have the intercooler, but that looks like a after market one.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

It's definitely a swb van and definitely not a 2.5 TDI. Intercooler is OEM though so must have been added. Turbo would be connected to pipe from lhs of intercooler on a rhd van
                Last edited by karma846; 15 September 2016, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Defo swb. Your V5 document will tell you what engine should be in there. Looks like aftermarket intercooler and you really need to top up your coolant.

Comment

That's a golf engine (or similar - AHU or 1Z). Top of the pump looks wrong to be TD, and the dipstick is in the wrong place...

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask... it's kinda what I do! 👍
                    '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Oil filler neck missing...

Comment

And 100% SWB!

Comment

Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
                          And 100% SWB!

There is an edit button, or are you trying to bump your post count?
                          Originally posted by Mr Nozzle View Post
                          Defo swb. Your V5 document will tell you what engine should be in there. Looks like aftermarket intercooler and you really need to top up your coolant.

Comment

Just adding to it as it was coming to me... Don't care too much about post counts, it's not a competition.
                            V5 will tell you wheelbase and engine number, agreed. But, not if the engine has been changed and the previous owner hasn't informed the DVLA - and it certainly looks like it's been changed...

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Just T4s
                            Last edited by Adventure Van; 15 September 2016, 07:59 AM. Reason: Edited cause I can! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
                              That's a golf engine (or similar - AHU or 1Z). Top of the pump looks wrong to be TD, and the dipstick is in the wrong
                              Was thinking that, but is that the n75 that's disconnected in one of the photos? Or is that a different solenoid.

Comment

Working...
                              X