Suspension arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension arms

Hello, quick question to those knowledgeable around suspension arms.... bob has just failed on the lower arm bushes so I treated him to a new bottom arm with bushes in. Only place that had one locally was euro car parts do I bought it. Went to fit it last night and the bush side is fine but the arm that comes out to the ball joint is about an inch shorter and the hole is smaller for the anti roll bar link. Is this likely to be where mine is 200 so right on the change and I have the older suspension or is Euro giving me the wrong part?

They say the early type arm is no longer available so they can't get one in to check it.

Any help gratefully received as I need the mot done

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

I was under the impression the early pre 96 arms were shorter than the later ones, I know from lowering my early van and a mates later van that my suspension is closer to the chassis/tub and traps the brakeline sooner than the later one

Does your van have the lower pendulum gearbox mount?
    Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

I have no idea mate. But mine is longer than the one they have given me. If I typed it the van would look like a clown car

Comment

Sounds to me like they've given you an early one and you need the later, If I get the chance I'll see if I can measure the difference between mine and Reg's...
        Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

Cheers dude. It's like a inch that's all I'll take a picture later.

Comment

And we all know how much difference an inch makes.........

Comment

Went back to euro and after they said it was 100 percent the correct part they found another arm made by another company with a totally different part number that seems to be the same as mine, bunch of wankers!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                If I get the chance I'll see if I can measure the difference between mine and Reg's...
                Mines much bigger than yours bud.

Comment

I have had trouble with parts from Euro before mate, the last one being the bottom ball joints. The two holes where they connect to the arm where 2mm smaller than what they should have been?? When I got others form a quality motor factors you could see the difference in quality of the hole thing. You buy cheap you buy twice!

Comment

Working...
                  X