Evening all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all!

I am the proud(ish) and skint owner of a T4 Caravelle which has cost me heartache, stress, and tested my sanity on occasion.
    It is, however mine and I'm keeping it!!
    In return for putting effort and money into a slow, old slug of a Van I receive a Weekend Camper, a large 7 seat car, an enormous wheelbarrow, a Trailer Towing device and the ability to tow my Caravan whilst still taking more shite on holiday than will fit in my 2 Berth, 10ft Fibreline!
    So far an equable balance.
    We (me and my Mrs.) were thinking of moving down a vehicle size a couple of years ago as the Yoot had (mostly) moved out and we were not able to justify a 7 seater really.
    However:
    during the Summer of that year a guy we help out with stuff got in contact to ask if we fancied helping him at a large, music and performance event he was involved with, we turned up at a planning weekend prior and proceeded to lug people, stuff, and tow trailers around and generally do useful things with the van and as it's (fairly) well maintained and (fairly) reliable it became a resource that was appreciated.
    From then we (well, the Van+driver) have been asked to help out at various large Music and performance events.
    So we CAN justify (not really) keeping an ageing, not particularly comfortable to drive slow and slowly rusting 1996 2.4 D LWB twin slider Caravelle going.
    We just "invested" in a 1995 Volvo 850 TDI Estate so we can put the T4 in for some long needed body repairs and possibly a re-spray (funds permitting) so it'll keep tidy for another few years.
    Bugger me, the 2.5 TDI engine is quick in the volvo! I think it's the same engine as 2.5 t4?
    Sorry for prattling, hi!!

Hi and welcome, they have that effect on you don't they lol, well you can always stick the Volvo engine in the T4 after

Comment

Cheers Dan.
      I'm still working on my Mrs. to let us keep the Volvo! I've always wanted either this or a Merc 300d 123 Estate, so I kinda like it as I can see it becoming a "Future Classic"

Comment

You never know, can't go to wrong with a Volvo, the early 240s are classics now aren't they

Comment

Hi, caravellvis, not your real name obviously. Welcome to the fold. Lets have some pictures of you poor overworked bus. We don't care where you start from it's where it all ends. enjoy the forom

Comment

Working...
          X