Hi from South Devon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from South Devon

Just about to be back in ownership of my old Caravelle. I sold it to my dad two and a half years ago when I made the move down South from Staffordshire and it basically hasn't moved since, so I've talked him into selling it back to me Its nothing particularly unusual, a 2.4D that left the factory with a slush box which my bro helped me to convert to manual with a 2.5TDi box. Other than that I gave it a mild lowering job. It could do with some paint but is a great solid bus, is a relatively low miler (110k) that I got from a girls school where it had been a minibus. I mainly used to use it for towing my beetle to the drag strip and somewhere to sleep while at the track, and it'll be doing that again this year, but now I live on the doorstep of Dartmoor I expect I'll be coming up with a bed arrangement in the back (previously just pulled out the seats and stuck in an airbed) and camping out a lot more. this is how the 'Velle looked shortly before I sold, on a trip up to Skye to see my wifes family

The wheels were sold on to a good buddy who has them on his 2.4D transporter and its now sitting on standard steels - no pics of it just now though, so I'll have to update this next weekend when I head up to collect it. Can't wait to get the old thing back!

Hello mate, nice van. Where abouts you live in S.Devon?
    Sent from my ipad, using my finger.............!

Comment

Originally posted by psycho View Post
      Hello mate, nice van. Where abouts you live in S.Devon?
      I'm in Teignmouth buddy. Are you down this way?

Comment

Yes bud, Paignton.

Comment

Originally posted by psycho View Post
          Yes bud, Paignton.

Ain't it great around here?! I have a buddy with a T25 twin slider camper in Paignton, although believe it or not I've never actually been along! I hear the snorkelling is pretty good in Paington in warmer weather? I've got to get along sometime for a look around.... there's just such a lot to see in a new area that it's hard squeezing it all in (never been to Devon apart from a Recce before we moved).

Comment

You believe correct...!

I do a bit of snorkelling, with the spear gun, and scuba. It is doable, this time of year, with the right suit on. Just need it to stay calm so the vis is ok.

Comment

Hello and welcome Kafer, good to see some new faces joining in specially fellow South Devon members!

Comment

Working...
              X