PDA

View Full Version : New member saying Hi ! ........

TURK
26th December 2015, 08:23 PM
Hi folks,

Just signed up for what I believe will be another very successful T4 forum :)
It's almost like walking into a room full of people you already know ! ...... so Hi all.

I haven't quite got to grips with the layout of the site yet, but things look very promising.
I like the fact that thing's are a little more liberal around here. I mean, you can actually say 'Dick- Head' here !!! ;)

And most importantly .......... no T5's ! you just got to love that.

I'll be posting loads of stuff, hopefully it'll help the community out.

Talk to you all very soon.

TURK

slimjim
26th December 2015, 10:54 PM
Yay!!! Welcome Turk!!!

TURK
27th December 2015, 12:44 AM
Yay!!! Welcome Turk!!!

Thanks mate ;)

How many other people do I know ........

Come on chaps, don't be shy.

I will post some stuff up very soon Jim.

TURK

slimjim
27th December 2015, 09:01 AM
I will post some stuff up very soon Jim.

Good man, I recommend the Blog, then you can just do overview/summary updates. :cool:

JonR6
27th December 2015, 01:19 PM
Hi guys, I know what you mean about walking into a room full of people you know... the usernames havent even changed! lol

TURK
27th December 2015, 07:10 PM
Hi Jon,

Welcome aboard mate :cool:

I keep on logging in to see what's happening ........... not a lot ! can't find anything interesting to read.

TURK

Lee
27th December 2015, 07:19 PM
. the usernames havent even changed! lol

mine has.....
I didnt like it in the 1st place lol

:p

Dan
28th December 2015, 01:24 AM
Hi Turk and welcome aboard mate, it will be a bit slow to start but already with contributions from members like James (slim jim) and hopefully Jon and yourself it shouldn't take too long for people to start jumping onboard and contributing themselves specially when you can get things for free for doing so!!

Dan
28th December 2015, 01:25 AM
What was your username Lee? Mines changed as it already gone on the other one

JonR6
28th December 2015, 08:43 PM
what about build threads? are we now posting them where the blog section is? If so I will bring mine over....

JonR6
28th December 2015, 09:01 PM
Ignore my daft comment about build threads, found the obviously labelled part of the forum. Although I still wonder what the blog is for?

Dan
28th December 2015, 09:14 PM
Choice is yours Jon, can either do a blog or you can post build threads in the workshop. Which ever way you do it you can gain points and we know what points mean

TURK
28th December 2015, 11:28 PM
Hi Turk and welcome aboard mate, it will be a bit slow to start but already with contributions from members like James (slim jim) and hopefully Jon and yourself it shouldn't take too long for people to start jumping onboard and contributing themselves specially when you can get things for free for doing so!!

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the welcome.

I know things will gather pace the more the word gets around, I guess I was just being flippant.

I will definitely contribute more as time goes on, Jim suggested that I start a blog for the 'Quad Headlight Project' ........ I think that's an excellent idea ;)

Thanks mate.

TURK

slimjim
29th December 2015, 08:36 AM
I keep on logging in to see what's happening ........... not a lot ! can't find anything interesting to read.
TURK

Cheeky git... have you read mine yet, all FIVE submissions? :p

http://just-t4s.co.uk/entry.php?116-Bongo-Fury-Build-Overview-Pt-I

TURK
29th December 2015, 07:01 PM
Cheeky git... have you read mine yet, all FIVE submissions? :p

http://just-t4s.co.uk/entry.php?116-Bongo-Fury-Build-Overview-Pt-I

In all honesty, not had a chance yet . I've spent the last few days researching tooling for the workshop ......... pillar drills, band saws, routers, trimmers you name it, I need it !

As far as my Quad Headlight project has progressed recently, I'm still struggling doing everything by hand.

Just a quick question Jim ........ do you see this site as a 'secondary' T4 site, and the 'other' forum as your 'main' playground ?
Or will you be concentrating more here now, and not update the 'other' site.

I don't really want to refer this newly formed T4 forum as 'secondary', think Dan would be a little miffed at that. But it's going to be quite complicated to juggle the two I think.

TURK

TURK
29th December 2015, 07:10 PM
Ignore my daft comment about build threads, found the obviously labelled part of the forum. Although I still wonder what the blog is for?

Personally I think the blog idea could benefit members quite a lot if used correctly. As I intend to move my Quad Headlight Project updates to this forum, my plan is to have the project in a build thread stating only the important stuff, and my daily updates in blog form, kind of using the blog as a 'feeder page' to the actual project, so anything I deem not interesting goes into the blog and the important developments goes into the build thread.

I need to work on the plan a little, but you get the gist of it !

TURK

Lee
29th December 2015, 09:45 PM
What was your username Lee? Mines changed as it already gone on the other one

Twas / tis.... mini-t4 sir :p

Dan
29th December 2015, 09:56 PM
Ah yeah now I know lol, good to see you on here Lee

TURK
30th December 2015, 01:08 AM
Twas / tis.... mini-t4 sir :p

Ah ha, tis you ! ;)

Get those rims done mate, would be something different that's for sure.

.......... just thinking, Dan. I think we could do with a larger selection of 'Emoticon's'. What would be the possibilities of introducing more smilies and what not's, as they're great for expressing one's feelings and give the post more of a 'feel' as sometimes simple words can be mis-interpreted.

TURK

Dan
30th December 2015, 01:38 AM
No problem mate I'll have a look into it, sure we can do something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slimjim
30th December 2015, 12:46 PM
Just a quick question Jim ........ do you see this site as a 'secondary' T4 site, and the 'other' forum as your 'main' playground ?
Or will you be concentrating more here now, and not update the 'other' site.

Personally, there are only three threads I follow on the other site. Yours, mine and Festa's T5 thread.
Other than those, the whole site seems to have just stopped.

Over here, I have a T17.club section to springboard from and I use the Just T4's Facebook page WAY more than anything else now.

I have backed up my thread on the other forum (as you know) and am thinking about building a timeline thread with more detail than the blog I have posted but less crap in it than my HUGE thread on the other forum.
Kind of like a fully story but without the rubbish that I waffled on a lot about. Make it more streamlined.

Dan
30th December 2015, 01:30 PM
That's what we like to here Jim, it's nice to have input like yours and it's the type of thing that will help both the forum and the FB group grow [emoji106]

Lee
30th December 2015, 08:46 PM
Ah ha, tis you ! ;)

Get those rims done mate, would be something different that's for sure.

TURK

I'm on it Mr Turk sir :D

mole831
3rd January 2016, 11:27 PM
Same user name here as well Jon you got your van up and running yet

JonR6
3rd January 2016, 11:37 PM
Same user name here as well Jon you got your van up and running yet

Not yet.... we were hoping to get it running for Christmas day as a treat but my friend who is building now got distracted by ducks (yes... you did read that right!). We are pretty damn close now though... wiring is mostly done now, final rebuild in the next week or so. We are even looking at painting the rocker cover to match the silcone hoses etc.

In a side note, a warrant has now been issued by the courts against the original mechanic :) mofo has to pay up or have his stuff seized....

JonR6
3rd January 2016, 11:42 PM
In relation to whats been on some of the other comments, im going to bring my build thread over here, but the problem its taking ages because of sorting the photos out

lawanderson
7th January 2016, 10:27 PM
Alright Turk, Jim.

Can't shift me that easy!

slimjim
8th January 2016, 10:25 AM
Alright Turk, Jim.

Can't shift me that easy!
Mr. Anderson .... :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XooISvoZ_rs