Filling with dread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling with dread

After reading a few bad news stoies from people who have literally had to spend thousands on welding, my excitement in anticipation of getting my van back has slowly started to turn to dread. I'm full of "what ifs" and "God how am I going to afford that". The fact that my van passed its Mot in April with no advisories either isn't filling me with confidence either.

Buy a t4 they said... It'll be fun they said.
    Buy a T4 they said... It'll be fun they said!!

Even if it is a little more r

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
      Even if it is a little more r

Sorry about that hit the wrong button,.

Even if it is a little more rotten than you thought it's not the end if the van, there are plenty of people on here who can weld or know someone that can or a decent garage that would without ripping you off, try not to worry about it just yet mate.

Comment

I'm sure I'll be fine, I have a habit of buying lemons though. Last two needed clutch, master cylinder and dual mass done, one before needed a new powersteering pump, one before that turbo was shot and one before that... Ran it low on oil and spannered. the engine

Comment

Wow, that is a lot of bad luck !!! Let's hope this one breaks the chain bud !

Comment

Did you not ask about the price before he started the work ? I do feel your stress though as we have recently had the head gasket done and it wasn't cheap when you include a hire car.

On the seventh day there was the t4

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Wilkes View Post
              Did you not ask about the price before he started the work ? I do feel your stress though as we have recently had the head gasket done and it wasn't cheap when you include a hire car.

Yeah that was all covered, apart from the steps that had holes in, only found them when I removed the liners. I thought I gave it a thorough inspection. I'm lucky as I haven't put my car up for sale yet. I'll keep it alongside the van for a few months I think. Plus it'll fuck off the neighbours. [emoji23]

Comment

I know what you mean about parking we put up disabled notices because of my wife and some people still fill the space and sometimes I am sure they think I can fit into the space of a mini.

Comment

Try having four cars... 🤦🤦🤦
                  Three on the drive - thankfully... One on the road.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
                  '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Bought our van (relatively) cheaply but have spent a lot on welding so far and there is a shit load left to do still. It definitely won't end up being a cheap van when its finished!

Comment

Working...
                    X