No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys and Gals!

We picked up 'Rosy' in September last year.
    IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2113.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg

She's a 1.9td born on 2-April-1998. When we got her she had already been used as a camper by the previous owners but they had to get rid due to rust issues getting on top of them. She had been off the road for a while and came with no MOT. First job was book in for an MOT and amazing she only needed a tyre (incorrect size across axle but came with spares!), 2 bulbs and headlight alignment!!

Rosy shares the drive with a my work van (boring citroen, just a tool), an Audi C5 Allroad, a 1987 Scirocco GT, loads of spare bits and shite and 2 wheelie bins.

Since the pictures (taken the day we pulled her back), we've done shedloads of work to her, welding (now completely structurally sound), ripped out all the previous camper bits (there wasn't much, the airbed had gone flat and the newspaper/jiffy bag insulation mostly rotted away) insulated, fitted the bed and built the units, hob and so very many other bits;

Rubber to bonded windows
    Barn doors to tailgate
    Full engine service
    Gearbox oil change and linkage bushes
    Short shift mod
    Sprayed door cards
    Curtains
    Leisure battery/split charge/240v hookup (behind reflector)/smart mains charger
    Remote central locking with tailgate poppers
    +much more.

Got loads left to do but we're now staying away in her as we always wanted a long term rolling project so we do more every week. We've probably done approx. 3000 miles since we got her. I have driven vans of all types but I literally cannot believe how incredible these old tubs are to drive. Ours came lowered and the fuel pump/turbo mods already done so I can only describe it has a midway point between a mk2 golf gti and an LT. The best of both worlds! A joy to drive that you can explore in! I had promised myself a T4 for years and can't believe it took this long to take the plunge on.

I came across this forum some time ago but have only recently looked at it seriously. It looks great and I cant stand dicks but do love a light hearted approach. don't like these opinionated w**kers you see so much on other forums.

We're based in Leicester so I'm watching the 'Midlands meet?' thread with big beedy eager eyes! We're part of a small local car club already but would love to be a part of something a little more focused on the van.

I'm usually always busy doing something but try to spend as much time as possible researching car/van stuff so I look forward to trawling through the forum even more.

Sorry if this has been hard to read and long winded but, 1) I'm a builder not a columnist and 2) I hate seeing newbie posts like this: 'Hi, I'm Dave and my van is blue'. you see these all over the internet and its boring as hell.

Thanks!
    Tom
    Last edited by TommyP; 10 July 2018, 08:25 PM. Reason: Added a pic twice like a chimp.
    #vanlife

Hi Tom and welcome on board. Team red all the way, red ones are the fastest!

Comment

Hello welcome and great first post!!!
      Well done on the pics (we like pics!!) But we do need new pics to show how far you have come! And also it would be rude to not see inside??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Hi and welcome aboard mate! You'll find us a good bunch if slightly crazy, but any advice is freely given. Just watch out for Arf he's a bad influence [emoji41]

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

As requested;

0a8d95e3-9587-493d-be2b-9ac6bc05db61.jpg
          70be921f-1ce9-46b5-af3f-f83d44b48347.jpg
          IMG_0418.jpg
          IMG_0511.jpg
          IMG_0644.jpg
          IMG_0512.jpg
          #vanlife

Comment

Hello and welcome Tom, next midlands meet just turn up mate all welcome.

Comment

fe7c63b9-48cc-4556-8957-f86bad4ab152.jpg
              82033f3e-90bd-4e3a-86b0-e818faf430d0.jpg

Sending these off my laptop but might be able to hoof loads over quickly on the app. I'll give it a go!

Also, crazy is excellent. I'm often incredibly impulsive and unpredictable so hopefully i'll fit in just fine. But not in the slightest outspoken or crude, us builders don't agree with that sort of thing at all......
              #vanlife

Comment

See bet you feel all fuzzy inside now showing those [emoji12]

Comment

Welcome mate nice van.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the journey with us.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                      See bet you feel all fuzzy inside now showing those [emoji12]

You’re dead right, I do!

Been to a couple of shows but as it’s a work-in-progress, most people look down on us peasants and go back to eating caviar in their T5/5.1/6’s!

[emoji85]

#vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                        You’re dead right, I do!

Been to a couple of shows but as it’s a work-in-progress, most people look down on us peasants and go back to eating caviar in their T5/5.1/6’s!

[emoji85]

Hoik one up at them and tell them the t4 is the best front engined van vw do because it's the original!!! And looks better than the others [emoji12]
                        And around here we look down on the t5/6 owners as they have no imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                          Hoik one up at them and tell them the t4 is the best front engined van vw do because it's the original!!! And looks better than the others [emoji12]
                          And around here we look down on the t5/6 owners as they have no imagination.

I entirely agree! Such a breath of fresh air speaking to like minded weirdos!

#oldscool

#vanlife

Comment

No idea what you mean weirdos [emoji89] [emoji83] [emoji56]

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Loving your work so far! Always great to see another T4 getting some love instead of being traded in for a businessman wagon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Just T4s
                              2012-2014: Ex-AA 2.5TDi (102)
                              2018-Present: 2.5TDi (88) LWB Panel

Comment

Working...
                              X