Caravelle 2.4 96 Rocker box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caravelle 2.4 96 Rocker box

Hi recently bought a '96 Caravelle with an AAB 2.4 engine the cam belt was snapped so I bought a new cylinder head. Unfortunately the rocker box will not fit this head as it's a later type head than mine, I have no idea what I'm looking for here can any one help. Charlie.
    Last edited by Charlie1877; 29 May 2018, 01:51 PM.

Hello and welcome can't help with the question but someone here will,
    I have to say I wondered what you were asking when I read the title!!!
    We like pictures [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome. Enjoy the journey with us. For your '96 velle the rocker cover is part number 074103360A and is shared across the following engine codes AAB/ACU/AEN for 1996.

I checked this part number across a few other years for you and it's the same part number on the following engine codes AJA/AET/AEU for (1998) plus APL/AVT all the way through to 2002. The only other rocker cover which actually covers the 2.4/2.5's (similar head) is part number 074103469F.

Hope this helps?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Hello and welcome. Top stuff above! Keep us updated.

Comment

Caravelle '96 Rocker box

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Welcome. Enjoy the journey with us. For your '96 velle the rocker cover is part number 074103360A and is shared across the following engine codes AAB/ACU/AEN for 1996.

I checked this part number across a few other years for you and it's the same part number on the following engine codes AJA/AET/AEU for (1998) plus APL/AVT all the way through to 2002. The only other rocker cover which actually covers the 2.4/2.5's (similar head) is part number 074103469F.

Hope this helps?

Hey thanks that confirms the number I was given by Veedubs only problem is £137+ vat At least I can look for a second hand one now.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1877 View Post
            Hey thanks that confirms the number I was given by Veedubs only problem is £137+ vat At least I can look for a second hand one now.
            Post a want to buy in the appropriate forum thread ... We're all a bunch of hoarders so there's bound to be one about. Plus we're not into scene tax pricing on here! Best of luck.

Comment

Hello and welcome as above, keep us updated.

Comment

Hello mate I bought one for my aja from TPS, it’s so much as the gasket and cover comes as one,!! I think it cost something like 90 quid. I tried to ‘fit’ one of the other gaskets with no joy and i tried to seal it with sealer but it still leaked. The correct gasket was the only way forward for me

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                  Hello and welcome can't help with the question but someone here will,
                  I have to say I wondered what you were asking when I read the title!!!
                  We like pictures [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
                  Sorry bud I tried to edit but you can only edit text not the title, hence Ricker Box instead of Rocker.😩

Comment

Hi can you send me a link to the gasket you bought it might help. Now I have the part number I may be able to get the right one. Thanks anyway. Charlie

Comment

It's all in the crack on here [emoji16]
                      Originally posted by Charlie1877 View Post
                      Sorry bud I tried to edit but you can only edit text not the title, hence Ricker Box instead of Rocker.[emoji30]
                      Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the site buddy, great bunch on here.

Comment

Working...
                        X