Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcomer: Truck (70XA) 2.4 D (78Cv) T4, year 1992

Good Morning!
    And thanks for the opportunity of exchanging ideas and experiences.

I am the (proud) owner of a Truck (70XA) 2.4 D (78Cv) T4, year 1992, which i am finally starting to repair myself with friends; here in Aljezur, Algarve; Portugal.

After bad experiences with mechanics (who didnt change even the essencial little old stuff) i think is time i get my hands dirty!

This has been a fundamental part of my farming/forestry work, and i need it badly.

After some repair and restore, i will fancy it up, inside and outside; and eventually build a project for a removable Camper.

14360133_524009904461901_1436293312_n.jpg

14309884_1679402359045928_1243885740_n.jpg

Loads to do.

Thanks!

Lovely truck.... welcome and enjoy the journey with us.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Nice truck, welcome. If we can help n anyway...let us know.
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Hello and welcome, looks like a good workhorse

Comment

Welcome, really like those, Does the body tip? Be an easey way to get up after a nights sleep. Just needs hood sticks and a top like an army truck and its ready to sleep in.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Welcome, really like those, Does the body tip? Be an easey way to get up after a nights sleep. Just needs hood sticks and a top like an army truck and its ready to sleep in.
            You my friend are in the wrong job! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome, as already said nice truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Nice old truck buddy, look forward to seeing what you do with it [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

Hello and welcome. Well introduced we like pictures!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

The back opens out , like a regular pickup.

I mean very much to make it a camper sometimes.

Comment

So, for the ones asking about the follow up on the van,

Since mechanics around here dont have enough time or dedication to make a full restore, i had - and happily- been forced to look at it myself with friends help.

So far:
                      Changed the slave clutch pump. Hope this solves the fluid leak.
                      Changed the injector tubes; next will take air out and start the van.

To do:
                      The key doesnt turn the motor out anymore.. tried to change the part that cuts the admission , but it doesnt come out.
                      The temperature and fuel readers are dead. Tried already 5 different full readers, and they all die in one day. Will check the connections and wires.
                      There is a bit water leak; i think is the radiator.
                      Finally there is a oil leak, and maybe that will go to the mexhanic later.

When all that is nice and running; i will rebuild the back box on wood, repaint, remake interior, and start studying covers for the back; from military, to self made fiber glass box.

Quite some work

Comment

algum trabalho, de fato, não posso esperar
                        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

morning and welcome, great pictures of your van and what it does

Comment

Originally posted by pedrobagoduva View Post
                            So, for the ones asking about the follow up on the van,

Since mechanics around here dont have enough time or dedication to make a full restore, i had - and happily- been forced to look at it myself with friends help.

So far:
                            Changed the slave clutch pump. Hope this solves the fluid leak.
                            Changed the injector tubes; next will take air out and start the van.

To do:
                            The key doesnt turn the motor out anymore.. tried to change the part that cuts the admission , but it doesnt come out.
                            The temperature and fuel readers are dead. Tried already 5 different full readers, and they all die in one day. Will check the connections and wires.
                            There is a bit water leak; i think is the radiator.
                            Finally there is a oil leak, and maybe that will go to the mexhanic later.

When all that is nice and running; i will rebuild the back box on wood, repaint, remake interior, and start studying covers for the back; from military, to self made fiber glass box.

Quite some work
                            That is a very cool truck mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              Hi S49.

What do you mean “does the body tip”?

My intention is to make something on the back, yes; and maybe start with some army truck style cover.

Luckily, on the register says “with or without cover” . So i believe i could go with pretty much anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X