Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please

I have a leak in the rubber seal for the windscreen which I have tried to repair unsuccessfuly. I think I may need a new one,does anyone have a recommendation for this to be repaired somewhere in the Hull area?

The rubber seal is just a trim really as the windscreen is bonded in. If its leaking it would need to come out, have the aperture cleaned and screen rebounded in.

Comment

Is that a big job?

Comment

Well I bust mine getting it out last weekend so had to spend 138 on a new one , fitted price trade mind. Better that than leaving it allowing water leak to cause all sorts of rust problems later down the line. Had ours out to do rust around screen so was well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
          Well I bust mine getting it out last weekend so had to spend 138 on a new one , fitted price trade mind. Better that than leaving it allowing water leak to cause all sorts of rust problems later down the line. Had ours out to do rust around screen so was well worth it.
          Mine wasn't trade and was £110 fitted, and it's a top tint.

Before you drag the screen out give captain tollys creeping crack cure a go.
          You can get it from motor factors or tinternet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Ours is green with a top tint, looks much better than the one that came out. Topping price Greeney.
            Last edited by S49; 13 May 2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
              Ours is green with a top tint, links much better than the one that came out. Topping price Greeney.
              Yea didn't even bother with the low flying bird for that price!!

Comment

Captain Tolleys creeping crack? Sounds like something Arf dreamed up?!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
                  Captain Tolleys creeping crack? Sounds like something Arf dreamed up?!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                  Yup and that's what makes the stuff even better than it working!!
                  https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F322512805440

Comment

I have just ordered some so I will let you know how I get on. Did you use this product?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Miller View Post
                      I have just ordered some so I will let you know how I get on. Did you use this product?
                      I have used it for years, brilliant stuff.

Comment

welcome to the forum buddy, great bunch on here if you ever need anything

Comment

Working...
                        X