Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulation and soundproofing

Hi, new to the T4 scene so be gentle.
    Bought a 2003 2.5tdi lwb and am now delving into the unknown by converting it. What I need to know is it best to use flashband, celotex and double bubble wrap like thermawrap for the sides and possibly tailgate. Bubble wrap for the roof and I don't know what for the floor. Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi welcome to the mad house, loads of great advice from great people on here. When I insulated mine just over a year ago I filled the sides with a mix of sheeps wool and recycled plastic from b&q and then sealed as a vapor barrier with the foil bubble wrap. For the roof and under the ply floor I used under floor heating insulation again covered I foil wrap. The van is extremely warm even on very cold nights and is also very quiet. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

As Chally has already said...
      Flashband the interior panels, and wheel arches (inside the front steps too...) - cut down on road noise.
      Underfloor insulation (which I also used between the roof panels and the roof itself).
      Celotex (or polystyrene sheets like I used in the cavities).
      I also used old water cylinder jackets in the door cavities too! 👍

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
      Last edited by Adventure Van; 4 May 2017, 09:49 PM.
      '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Comment

hi I used bubble but found the crackling from them when they heat up a bit annoying so I changed foil lined 8 mm sponge and has good glue. for all the doors I used the foil sponge and for the rest I spent hours with low expanding foam running small runs across the inner panels, results are im camping in a fridge

Comment

I used a layer of double foil bubble wrap glued to the van, then celotex, then another layer of the same bubble wrap, seems to be doing the job for us mate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
              I used a layer of double foil bubble wrap glued to the van, then celotex, then another layer of the same bubble wrap, seems to be doing the job for us mate.

Is that good enough for soundproofing as a lot of people have suggested using Flashband on the panels and wheel arches?

Comment

Thanks for all your replies by the way. Definitely got me thinking about options now. And thanks for the welcome, can't wait to get the van done and spend some time in it

Comment

Originally posted by t4moneypit View Post
                  Is that good enough for soundproofing as a lot of people have suggested using Flashband on the panels and wheel arches?

Yeah sorry flashbanding was already in, I never put it in myself tho.

Comment

Working...
                  X