Windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen

Planning on getting the screen out of the old bus to do the scabs round it and paint the roof. Can get the bonding, primmer and removal tool, has anyone ever changed the screen them selves? What could possibly go wrong.

Hi S49,

I've not done it, but it's on my to do list.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how you get on.

There's stuff on YouTube that might help. That's where I've been looking.

Frenchy.

Comment

Cheers, when I do it i'll post pics as it goes. A sort of "how to" or "how not to" if you see what I mean.

Comment

I'll be watching this mate as mine needs sorting round the windscreen [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

Just assembling everything first, had the windscreen rubber for months, bonding and removal tool next week. Was going to do in may but may leave till after the Kent meet. And still debating with the boss what colour to do the roof.

Comment

I’ll be watching too as mines a bit scabby around the windscreen .

Comment

I need to do mine too but I’m thinking about getting a pro to re fit the screen, it’s not a job I want going wrong lol

Sent from The Bat phone Just T4s

Comment

Its just getting it out without cracking it. I'm a tight git and aren't worried about installing it or of any repair to the aperture, its just allowing the time as I love driving the thing.

Comment

There is a lad near me who did the screen a few weeks ago. He got some one to take it out and re fit a new screen for £160 which I thought wasn’t too bad. He did all the work to the screen surround himself and had two days to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

I had a company quote me £120 ish but wouldn't take any blame if it got broken, that would just leave me in the shit so I didn't bother.

Comment

I assume the key to limit the screen breaking is releasing the tensions and stresses on it evenly.... so matching the cutting from each side or do you start in the middle and work outwards?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

I did mine with a 2 foot piece of box with a stanley knife blade welded to the end and just cut it round.

When the bloke came to re-fit it for me, he said "how did you get that out in one piece, they are a pig to do"

I showed him my 2 foot tool, he was suitably impressed.

Go arfur have that one on me......

Comment

[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28] you with your 2 foot tool with a Stanley on the end of it ....

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

That sounds like a prison trick Reg, Stanley blade on the end of your tool, "ima do you some damage bitch" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

It cost me £110 For a new screen old removed and disposed of and new fitted with new rubber trim too!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                              X