Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member! T4 Multivan RHD 2002

Morning all

Happy Easter, I'm now the proud owner of a T4 Multivan and thought I would sign up here and get involved with the community 😉 I have a couple of initial questions, not sure if I ask now or not?
    But here goes quickly.....

V5 - doesn't show van as a Multivan (it's a UK RHD), but shows as Caravelle SWB Auto (it is an auto).
    Any UK Multivan owners have the same?

Tax - is £305 a year, my old T4 Camper was £245, does this compare to others with similar van/year?

Thanks all
    Mart

Hi Mart and welcome on board. As the V5 shows you're a Caravelle, the same speed limits apply as a car. I think the tax has recently gone up for all of us. I renewed mine in December and it was £260. Mine's sown as a Motor Caravan on the V5.

Comment

Hello and welcome!
      We need pics please.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Hello mart and welcome 999? which service do you work for?

Comment

Thx and on their way, titivating in progress!

Comment

Thanks v much S49, I'm an IT engineer for Devon & Cornwall Police.

Comment

Thanks Mr Nozzle, so your Multivan is classed as a motor caravan is it? Wonder if everyone's Multivans are different then. Mine was UK registered November 2002, is it right only 800 came to the UK? Been trying to find one with an auto box (I know but I had an accident in my 20's & lost half of my clutch h foot) so chuffed to finally get one and local with 2 owners from new. Superb FSH but a bit of rust to sort, normal windscreen & arches areas.

Comment

You'll always find a bit of the old tin worn Mart, if it was a transit it would probably been more weld than van by now or like my dads 54 plate one which fell in half 4 years ago.

Comment

Welcome to the site buddy, loads of help and advice on here if you ever need it. Whereabouts are you based in the South West?

Comment

Originally posted by mart-999 View Post
                    Morning all

Happy Easter, I'm now the proud owner of a T4 Multivan and thought I would sign up here and get involved with the community [emoji6] I have a couple of initial questions, not sure if I ask now or not?
                    But here goes quickly.....

V5 - doesn't show van as a Multivan (it's a UK RHD), but shows as Caravelle SWB Auto (it is an auto).
                    Any UK Multivan owners have the same?

Tax - is £305 a year, my old T4 Camper was £245, does this compare to others with similar van/year?

Thanks all
                    Mart
                    Welcome mate, work for the police eh, best be careful then!! I believe multivan is what they call the caravelle in America, could be wrong though, but welcome to a world of work, rust, problems but ultimately enjoyment!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome bud. The V5 is quite often wrong, although a multivan is more of a caravelle than a camper so many thats what they plumbed for.
                      The T4 is called a eurovan in 'murica.
                      Tax is more for anything other than a panal van. Lot of people cant seem to wait to get their vans converted to camper on the v5 so they can go 10mph faster. Im happy at 60 and having cheaper tax [emoji16]

[emoji109]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Just T4s

Comment

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                          Mine reads Caravelle SWB too. And classed as minibus. It’s not difficult to change details with the DVLA with a nice letters and phots to support your request.

Comment

Thx for the warm welcome mick1070, based in Truro my 'ansome.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Miller View Post
                              Greetings and welcome to the forum.
                              Thx buddy!

Comment

Working...
                              X