Van Two Simon Nil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Two Simon Nil

Well after my aborted attempt at replacing the standard steering wheel with a golf one have tried my hand at a front seat upgrade. Got some Rover leather front seats last week. Good condition and real comfy. Made some adaptor brackets to fit the standard set base, admittedly a bit over engineered. Fitted the passenger side, looks great but when Molly climbed aboard we found they are about 5 inchs higher than standard and her head was almost touching the roof! DOH! Back to standard and its 2 nil to the old tub.He really doesn't like changes to the cab area. Its either forget the idea , make up some seat bases from scratch or work out a stepped adaptor plate to bring em down 3 or 4 inchs. What has anyone else done?

I Just bought some reupholstered ones. Saved messing about with bases although I did put in the swivel base.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

May just add a swivel now. Mothball the leathers. Its strange was dead set to start with, with a standard cab set up. Then get fired up with bright ideas now turning back towards the original set up.

Comment

Love the title S49 - it sometimes feels that way!
        Don't give up bud....
        Ideas
        Rebuild the T4 seat, foam and frames using the leather upholstery and foam from the Rover donors?

Build a new base to suit the Rover armchairs and the new height but keeping the seat functionality.
        A friend used large box section steel and built in an under seat storage drawer for tools

Good luck!

Comment

Buy a spare couple of bases, chop them 5inches from the top, re-weld the top to match the new seat bases, if you still hate it put the old ones back in and sell the others already converted [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

That's not a bad shout that.

Comment

Si , I will have a couple going soon , just sorting my old seats so might even be next week

Comment

Have sorted mushroom bolts for removable seats so I've pulled it back to 2. 1 to the van.

Comment

Trimmed round the window so it 2. 2

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0257.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	264124Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0256.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	264125 Altered one of the seat bases Red kindly picked up for me so it should be 3. 2 in my favour right. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0259.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	264126 Wrong! Its too close to the handbrake and Molly trapped her fingers releasing the handbrake. You could get used to it but what if theres an emergency ? So the van creeps ahead 3.2 Could redrill and move over but may already be close to the door.Anyone want a leather seat suitable for the nearside of the van on a converted base. I'm sure this van has it in for me.

Comment

Looking at the photo there may be room to move it over. Use this base for the nearside and when I modify the other base offset it to the right and I may be able to level the score at 3 each.
                      Last edited by S49; 22 June 2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Doesn’t seem right when the van is out in front does it!! Hopefully it’ll work out for you

Comment

Think its telling me not to use things that aren't vdub.
                          Last edited by S49; 22 June 2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Just had another look, do I loose the door pocket so I can have Rover leather seats? You can get 6 bottles of Henry Westons in the door pocket so that's settled that.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              Just had another look, do I loose the door pocket so I can have Rover leather seats? You can get 6 bottles of Henry Westons in the door pocket so that's settled that.
                              Good choice.
                              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Working...
                              X