Well It Had To Happen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well It Had To Happen.

After 7000 miles of fun the old tub finally lets us down. You couldn't count the exhaust manifold falling off at Barmouth as that was the fault of the dick on the end of the spanners namely me! Went to Skiddyminster this evening and on the way back the gear stick felt a bit floppy. At the bottom of our road I suddenly had only 3rd,4th and 5th and lots of side to side movement. Nursed it home and found the bush that holds the ball on the linkage nearest the engine had fallen to bits. On fleabay they are anything from 2.88 to 25 quid anybody have a preference make wise? Could have been worse I could have been on the way back from the JT4S Kent meet. Looks like i'll have to slum it in a polo or corrado for a few days.

Got mine from euro car parts , no idea of the make but I admit ''twas a fucker to do the ball thing .. but been ok since [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

It seems the bush has fell to bits and the ball has pulled thro it. Glad I wasn't miles from home.

Comment

Cable ties will sort that until you can put the new bush in

Comment

Yeah lucky enough mine went just as I turned into our village , managed to coast to my front door

Comment

Mine also came the the ā€œCar parts de Euroā€ land of wonder. Mine disintegrated in a one way tiny uphill street in Hastings. Cable ties got me home.

Comment

I'll put some in the glove box as a fleabay repair kit may go south sooner than i'd like.

Comment

I just got mine of fleabay about Ā£6. Just remember to put in boiling water for about 30 secs then they push on

Comment

I got a kit from VWHeritage, Ā£6.50 not too much of a faff but Wayne is definitely right about soaking it in hot water. I used a long breaker bar too, to persuade it in.

Comment

Yeah I did hot water then into a vice

Comment

This sounds like a barrel of laughs I have to look forward to at some point.Could have been worse, at least it's a cheap fix.
                      Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Just ordered the said bush and ball to match 2.88. I may see if I can get away with just fitting the bush as the ball don't look in bad shape to me but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Just ordered the said bush and ball to match 2.88. I may see if I can get away with just fitting the bush as the ball don't look in bad shape to me but we'll see.
                          Typical mechanic, doing half a job. Be sure to charge yourself full though, eh???
                          i
                          Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              Thats what I did.
                              #teamhalfarsed

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                              X