Dorset build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorset build

Well I’ve had the van a few weeks, progress a little slow, but having fun!

Cleared out all the ply and previous insulation, so looking a little bare.

Fairly productive today. Managed to get the cab floor out despite all the sikoflex! So lots of scraping and white spirit. It was particularly bad at the rear edge and under the heel pad areas. A bit more cleaning to do then I’ll cover with some thin insulation before refitting the cab mat. Not much rust which was good, apart from a few spots around the seat bolts which will get treated as well.

Tackled a few electrical gremlins with the ignition switch feed to the radio, so will fit a new switch next. Managed to get the old one out, bit fiddly with the tiny screw hidden away by the steering column but hopefully the new one will go back in ok!

The roof lining was changed by the previous owner and is pretty good, but the interior light doesn’t fit the hole?.. anyone know what I could replace the standard light with? The hole is about 75 x 90mm.

Still loads to do!!

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Originally posted by Apollo View Post
    Well I’ve had the van a few weeks, progress a little slow, but having fun!

Cleared out all the ply and previous insulation, so looking a little bare.

Fairly productive today. Managed to get the cab floor out despite all the sikoflex! So lots of scraping and white spirit. It was particularly bad at the rear edge and under the heel pad areas. A bit more cleaning to do then I’ll cover with some thin insulation before refitting the cab mat. Not much rust which was good, apart from a few spots around the seat bolts which will get treated as well.

Tackled a few electrical gremlins with the ignition switch feed to the radio, so will fit a new switch next. Managed to get the old one out, bit fiddly with the tiny screw hidden away by the steering column but hopefully the new one will go back in ok!

The roof lining was changed by the previous owner and is pretty good, but the interior light doesn’t fit the hole?.. anyone know what I could replace the standard light with? The hole is about 75 x 90mm.

Still loads to do!!

're cut the hole?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
      're cut the hole?

Was looking at that as an option but the light isn’t big enough to cover the hole front to back! So I’d still have a gap. Was thinking about making a bigger cover to fit between the visors though and then fit the light into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo View Post
        Was looking at that as an option but the light isn’t big enough to cover the hole front to back! So I’d still have a gap. Was thinking about making a bigger cover to fit between the visors though and then fit the light into that.

Bummer
        It's amazing how the easy option is often not possible.
        Buy a boggo 12v light and a switch or search the scrappy til you find what will fit I think are your only options?

Comment

My son wanted an extra light in his fiat van and did the scrap yard trawl. Worked for him, the guy only charged him £3, bonus

Comment

Sounds like a trip to the local scrappy is in order!!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

I used one from a grand voyager, it has two cubby holes for sunglasses etc.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Overhead console installation. Was it Turk who did a write up on his one? As you don't have a sunroof getting in the way, a full console would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nozzle View Post
                  Overhead console installation. Was it Turk who did a write up on his one? As you don't have a sunroof getting in the way, a full console would be cool.
                  Cool idea hadn't thought of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nozzle View Post
                    Love mine. Got the matching pull handles for the doors with lights and coat hooks. The area for the old interior light is my sat nav now untill I get a reverse camera.Saves my sun glasses sliding off the dash and out of the window.
                    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                      Love mine. Got the matching pull handles for the doors with lights and coat hooks. The area for the old interior light is my sat nav now untill I get a reverse camera.Saves my sun glasses sliding off the dash and out of the window.
                      Thought it was Slim Jims blog with the roof console. It's on my list of things to do this year.... got a Touran & a Kia Sorento roof console to try....

Sent by ORANGE is the NEW BLACK

Comment

Few more jobs completed over the weekend!

New aerial, adjusted wipers and changed the ignition switch. The switch was a bit fiddly but once the tiny screw was removed it popped right out!

Cab floor insulation laid too, ready for the original mat to go back in.

A bit of sunny weather always helps! [emoji41]

Comment

Top work. I can honestly say near everyjob i have done on my van has taken way way way more time to do than i first anticipated. Plus being a T4 you will find more things that need sorting on your way. Sort of like a treasure hunt of depression [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Just T4s

Comment

Feels a bit like that, but nothing that can’t be fixed so far! No real deadlines but would like to make it habitable by the summer ☀️

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopdub View Post
                              ....Sort of like a treasure hunt of depression.
                              I like that....

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                              X