Can't lower the bus so what wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't lower the bus so what wheels?

Due to some pretty ridiculous laws here, lowering my bus is now off the wish list

Now thinking about putting some bigger boots on instead of the lowering.

I see 18's is pretty common. How big have folks gone for their alloys and get good results?

Why can't you lower? I make a custom top mount that lowers without notching
    Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

I'm making a set for guy's in Spain, Belgium and Germany, I presume they have very similar laws

Comment

Instead of lowering the van you could raise the wheels up into the arches?

Comment

I think in some countrys you have to get any mods type approved but you have to pay.

Comment

It's just a bureaucratic nightmare.

To change wheel size requires a change in documentation on any vehicle and a 30 euro 'tax' let alone anything else.

Want tints? Gonna set you back around 500 euros with JUST paperwork, inspections etc etc etc Lowering is more expensive! :-(

Yep S49, type approval is required.

My 9 seater bus is going either a) have to be a removable conversion so that i can put the seats back come MOT time, and still risk a tug by the police in the meantime or b) try and register as a camper (which I suspect is not a straightforward job) or c) try and change the paperwork to a 3 seater van.

Comment

Sounds like a nightmare, just hope no one here has any bright ideas like those in the near future.

Comment

Just so you know, for my bracket you need to drill one 12mm hole in the chassis and that's it, completely reversible by fitting standard mount back on

Comment

But that does sound like a ballache

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    Sounds like a nightmare, just hope no one here has any bright ideas like those in the near future.
                    They tried didn't they? A few years back... They're on again though, vosa, slying in some rule changes - like we weren't going to notice. Some testers I've spoken to are refusing to test class 4 vans if they have a bed in the back - claiming they should be reclassified as campervans. [emoji36]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
                    '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Interesting, was toying with a bed/bench seat that could come out. Thankfully the chap I use has plenty of common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                        Just so you know, for my bracket you need to drill one 12mm hole in the chassis and that's it, completely reversible by fitting standard mount back on
                        Hmmm interesting ;-)

Tell me more Dave ;-)

The issue here is that every modification gets put onto the log book, yep, EVERY modification gets noted. So would still be running the risk of a tug by the old bill. However, with 45 policeman to every 10,000 inhabitants and most of them in the cities it might be worth the risk ;-)

Comment

Surely they wouldnt notice a mild 40mm drop especially if the springs were black?? Failing that keep the 15s, fit some offroad tyres and embrace the high life...

Comment

Originally posted by T4-Portugal View Post
                            It's just a bureaucratic nightmare.

To change wheel size requires a change in documentation on any vehicle and a 30 euro 'tax' let alone anything else.

Want tints? Gonna set you back around 500 euros with JUST paperwork, inspections etc etc etc Lowering is more expensive! :-(

Yep S49, type approval is required.

My 9 seater bus is going either a) have to be a removable conversion so that i can put the seats back come MOT time, and still risk a tug by the police in the meantime or b) try and register as a camper (which I suspect is not a straightforward job) or c) try and change the paperwork to a 3 seater van.
                            Exactly the same for me here. Any change at all and you fail itv.
                            My boss has to change his bumper on his golf every year because it is off an r32 and not a gti like it should be. The best part is it goes in with a black bumper and grill on a fully white car and everybody knows what going on. Five minutes later it's swapped back. It's a bloddy joke. .
                            Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Why not look at the OEM sports suspension (springs / shocks) on Multivan and OEM Multivan rims. Or items with TuV (with certification). I assume an approval in the EEC is an approval throughout Europe?

Sent by ORANGE is the NEW BLACK

Comment

Working...
                              X