Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to all this forum stuff. I live in Salisbury and have had my T4 for a couple of years, taken a while to save some cash and get the wife to agree the sort of conversion we should go for but finally got a green light to proceed! [emoji4][emoji106]
    Hoping to get some advice from anyone that knows reputable conversion businesses near Salisbury.
    I want to go relatively simple with the inside for now and keep it open for future plans. The main bits I would like are a full width rock n roll bed fitted with seat belts (pull tested) and swivels for the front seats (both are captains chair style). The van is already lined and decked out with chequered floor tiles but it could all do with a bit of sprucing up. Anyone have any advice on a decent RnR bed?
    Externally I've got lots I would love to do, all will depend on how far I can stretch the cash. I'm keen to get a respray. I'd like to go with pearlescent white from the roof to the bottom of the windows and blue on the bottom half. I think the wife will get the final say on what shade (she's thinking baby/sky blue, I wanted to go for a grey). Does anyone know a good bodyshop that might be able to quote me for something like that?
    I'm assuming I'll need new bumpers and mirrors (I want to swap out the driver side one so I can go symmetrical anyway). I fancy chrome sidebars too but they may have to wait.
    Finally, any thoughts from you guys on pop tops? I'm still torn. I know it will be quite a whack of cash but the investment might be worth it for the extra space. I only really use the van for 3-4 day camping/surf trips though, so it might be a luxury I can't justify.
    Here's a photo of my currently fairly uninspiring van and a pic of a beauty I saw in Cornwall last year that I am shamelessly stealing inspiration from.
    IMG_1169.jpgIMG_1627.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Hello! And welcome to our little corner of the internet... ☺
    Can't help on the recommendations, but I'm sure someone else will be along soon.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
    '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Hello mate solid looking van you have, some pics of the inside are always nice! There is a company in Salisbury that do all the conversions for vw direct. I can't remember the name of hand but someone else on here may know it or I'll ask my brother in law who told me about them...

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
        Hello mate solid looking van you have, some pics of the inside are always nice! There is a company in Salisbury that do all the conversions for vw direct. I can't remember the name of hand but someone else on here may know it or I'll ask my brother in law who told me about them...

Cheers, sounds promising. I didn't add an inside shot as it's currently housing a bike and stuff for the scrap yard. Haha. Hopefully it will get an upgrade from its current "2nd shed" status soon though! IMG_1636.jpg

Comment

http://www.cotrim.co.uk/

Comment

Never used them myself but a couple of people have told me about them as they are not far away from me. To be honest though most of it is doable at home and good fun to do! [emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
              Never used them myself but a couple of people have told me about them as they are not far away from me. To be honest though most of it is doable at home and good fun to do! [emoji1303]

Cheers mate, I may well do some bits myself but I'm told belted RnR beds need to be fitted professionally for safety reasons and certification? Whilst I'd love to do most of the stuff myself, my main issue is I know it just won't happen. Hence why I've just been running the van as it is with a mattress in the back for 2yrs already!

Comment

[emoji23]🤣[emoji23] at least your honest mate [emoji1303]

Comment

I used Westdubs for my pop top, cost £1900 fitted and colour coded. Great service, drive in 3-4 hours later that's it drive home and quality is very good.

Comment

As far as RnRs it all depends on budget, rib are brilliant but very expensive there's so many too choice from these days and as long as they are certificated then all should be built to a certain standard so it's things like opening mechanisms and style really. Another option is the genuine multivan seats which are a lot cheaper but more OEM. Only thing with those is seat belt points will need to be strengthened

Comment

Working...
                    X