Just another builders van...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another builders van...

Evenin all! thought it about time I did a project thread for my old shonker. It started its time with me a few years ago as an £800 builders van, with not a straight panel on it....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dave Sausages; 15 February 2017, 11:24 PM.
    Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

First make under saw it sprayed in matt black with orange wheels, and home made side bars and a bonnet decal added
    Attached Files

Comment

Had some 15" 7.5/8.5 banded steels done by Alonze and painted them in 2k orange
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice... [emoji106]

Sent from my settee

Comment

As the matt black was always a temporary measure, the time came to get started on it properly. Things that ended up replaced were front wings, arches, door sills, quarter panels, sliding door lower seal section, drivers door, sliding door, rear offside barn door, front panel above bumper, both bumpers, grill, all lights, tinted side windows. A sun visor, rear spoiler and wind deflectors were also added. All this was painted in Toyota 1G3. Most of the bodywork and spraying was done by Mike Pennington. I'm sure there is plenty of stuff I've omitted, but you get the idea, triggers broom!
          Attached Files

Comment

Three inner arches and twelve patches to the rear floor were welded, seamed sealed, zinc primed and painted, followed by being fully undersealed. Saab leather seats were fitted onto Renault espace swivels.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice work. I like where this one is heading.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Decided I was bored of the 15"s, so flogged them on to a mate and went with 17" 8/9j vito wheels, again banded by Alonze
                Attached Files

Comment

Love it

Sent from my D2303 using Just T4s

Comment

Being very busy with work most of the time, I have limited time to do stuff like this of my own, so it took a lot longer than I'd hoped to get going with the interior. This delay was actually a blessing in disguise and allowed me to use the van for both work and camping and get a clearer idea of what we needed. Having gone through umpteen layouts in my head, I decided that the traditional set up of 3/4 R+R bed and side unit was the best for us, boring I know, but I'm very pleased with it. All internal metalwork was painted, Insulation was fitted to floor, sides, doors and roof, sides and doors were plied and veltrimmed, and the roof had a sheet of maple mdf fitted. I used rivnuts in the places where I wanted removable panels, and allowed me to use stainless cups and countersunk machine screws on the roof.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Next up on the list was the unit itself, which was made from solid Sapele (African mahogany) and birds eye maple, with 6mm maple veneered mdf for the thinner panels in the door and all of the divisions to keep the weight down as much as possible. Overall the unit isn't as heavy as you'd imagine. I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking, but if anyone has any specific questions just holla
                      Attached Files

Comment

The bosses approve so far...
                        Attached Files

Comment

More butchery...
                          Attached Files

Comment

And there's more, sorry....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Interior is pretty much finished now, although I'm sure I'll still find plenty more to do in the future, I'm too used to it being a money pit now...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X