Cambelt etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambelt etc

Had a basic service done on the van last year but going to get the cambelt done this year as not sure when it was last done. What should I be looking to get done at same time as that - seen mention of pulleys/tensioners etc? Any other common failure items to swap out whilst getting that done?

It's a 1.9td ABL.

cheers

Paul

Water pump at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nozzle View Post
      Water pump at the same time
      Water pump isn't in the cam belt on an abl

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Get a gates cambelt kit, do water pump too even tho its not driven on the cambelt. Another member for club ABL.......hi

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
          Water pump isn't in the cam belt on an abl

You're right Greeny but if like me your water pump does go, it's more of an arse to change without disturbing the timing belt, unless you change the whole waterpump unit which drops out from underneath, then you will definitely need to do the timing belt just to change the pump as the oil pump shaft pulley is in the way of 2 bolts on the waterpump and to remove that the timing belt runs over it !!!

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
            You're right Greeny but if like me your water pump does go, it's more of an arse to change without disturbing the timing belt, unless you change the whole waterpump unit which drops out from underneath, then you will definitely need to do the timing belt just to change the pump as the oil pump shaft pulley is in the way of 2 bolts on the waterpump and to remove that the timing belt runs over it !!!

🤤mine wasn't took me longer to take the belly pan off than to change the water pump and done even mention putting the fan belt back on (limited hight due to small trolly jack.)

Comment

🤤mine wasn't took me longer to take the belly pan off than to change the water pump and done even mention putting the fan belt back on (limited hight due to small trolly jack.)

This is mine mate, with the oil pump intermediate shaft pulley on I can't get to the 2 bolts arrowed, the bolt below them 2 is accessible as the pulley has six holes in it but they don't line up with the top ones ?? I wasn't bothered as the oil seal was leaking so changed that at the same time as waterpump and timing belt kit, also with the pulley still attached I don't think it would of cleared the pump housing ?? 👍

Comment

This is mine mate, with the oil pump intermediate shaft pulley on I can't get to the 2 bolts arrowed, the bolt below them 2 is accessible as the pulley has six holes in it but they don't line up with the top ones ?? I wasn't bothered as the oil seal was leaking so changed that at the same time as waterpump and timing belt kit, also with the pulley still attached I don't think it would of cleared the pump housing ?? 👍

I don't remember having to remove the cam belt cover... but all told it took me about an hour and half (then bleed it)
                Unfortunately I rarely take pics of work in progress so I can't check them.

Comment

I don't remember having to remove the cam belt cover... but all told it took me about an hour and half (then bleed it)
                  Unfortunately I rarely take pics of work in progress so I can't check them.

Lower cam belt cover goes right across the top of the pump on mine mate ??

Comment

Lower cam belt cover goes right across the top of the pump on mine mate ??

I may have to pull it to bits and take a look..
                    Unless mine ain't got the cover on.

Comment

I may have to pull it to bits and take a look..
                      Unless mine ain't got the cover on.

Let me know lol I'm probably just useless 😂😂😂

Comment

Let me know lol I'm probably just useless 😂😂😂

More like me not thinking about what I am doing....
                        I have a habit of just doing and not thinking about how I have done it.
                        But I do remember thinking it was easy (until the fanbelt the belt is quite short and the self adjusting spring strong at the angle I was working at.)

Comment

More like me not thinking about what I am doing....
                          I have a habit of just doing and not thinking about how I have done it.
                          But I do remember thinking it was easy (until the fanbelt the belt is quite short and the self adjusting spring strong at the angle I was working at.)

Yea mate I remember that being a bit of a slag too 😂👍

Comment

Ahhhh i can hear the women "typical man, doing things without thinking" Guilty as charged I'm afraid. And i often take more things off than i need to as well 😰

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

Do love a work in progress picture or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X