Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New in, Bristol bus

Hi
    Finally bought a T4 after the lovely summer we've had in hoping for more of the same next year but this time we can enjoy them in a bus of our own.
    Kinda new to the world so looking for advise on insulation and decor. Luckily bought a van with leisure battery already done but I needed to sort the split charge relay so got that done asap. Gonna do the 230 hook up asap after insulating plylining and carpeting (wiring as I go)
    Is eBay worth using ??
    Do I use T+E or flex or is there a campervan cabling I should use
    Any tips hints and cheats appreciated
    Many thanks

Loads of kits available for your wiring, check eBay or camper specific sites. Get some pictures up of your new prize

Comment

Welcome to the forum Neil, hope you have a long and happy stay with us. Unfortunately for you you probably have met the only person one here that cant give you advice as I know very little about electrics, come to think of it , or any thing else. However hang around there are a lot of very informed people on here and they will be only to keen to jump to your assistance. Good luck.

Comment

I used the blue 2.5mm artic flex in mine. Worth shopping round for all things t4. A lot of my bits came from eBay. I would avoid the cheap Chinese stuff but U.K. Sellers are normally sound. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your build hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

How do I post pics can not navigate around this mobile site

Comment

Press the plus sign on the left of the text box when you post. Then either take a picture using the camera icon or choose a picture with the middle icon. That's for an iPhone anyway.

Comment

Hi and welcome mate, personally I would use specific auto cabling (thin wall will do), I'm not saying I know everything about auto electrics but being a sparky I've got a good idea. Auto cable is made up of finer multiple strands, the more strands the better quality. Always ensure that the cable your using is big enough for the power your putting through it and is protected with appropriate fuses. I ran a series of plastic flexible copex through my van to future proof it. Take a look at my build thread ( custard cream) best of luck.

Comment

Hi Neil, welcome to the forum and the world of the T4. Posting pictures is easier to do on the desktop version of the site. What kit did you use for the split charge? I went to Wickes for my 240v hook up, easy and cheap.

Comment

Many thanks Chally
                  Spark myself so was seeing if there was a special type of cabling so massive help there
                  Gonna run 2/4 x 12v LEDs off of the leisure battery and then 4/6 12v LEDs off of the hook up,
                  2 X 230 double skts and 1x single socket off of the hook up
                  Got lots of ideas going on its just nailing them down, luckily the wife is having colour input so looks like white orange and wood effects which suits me

Does anyone know where to get an R&R bed that is M1 tested ?? Many thanks

Comment

Used a local auto garage for the split charge as most of it was already in only costed £14 + labour as they added the split relay, it didn't have one before so when 12v was being used was draining both batteries

Comment

Like was said be wary of cheap Chinese cable off eBay not worth a w#*k.

Comment

Where is bris are ya, I used to live down there.

Comment

Mangotsfield

Comment

Oh cool, get some pics up I might see you about as I still do a lot of work down there.

Comment

IMG_1475527406.366572.jpgIMG_1475527417.387782.jpgIMG_1475527429.259829.jpgIMG_1475527441.882595.jpgIMG_1475527453.005738.jpg
                              First few pics are the van as I picked it up gonna strip the back out and put our stamp on it so first purchase was this gear knob and extension bar for the gear stick

Comment

Working...
                              X