Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New - Trying to get the Poonj on the road.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New - Trying to get the Poonj on the road.

Hello friends,

New to this website. I have a 96 T4 1.9td. 170k on the clock however replacement engine at 130k (according to history book)
    I bought it in 2010 running well and put a years mot on it. Stuck it up to my father in laws farm as I had to move away for a bit and the 'big seal' between the fuel pump and the engine perished. About a year ago a friend took the fuel pump,off (along with timing belt etc) and diagnosed it. Finally got round to getting new seal and timing belt kit, mechanic coming up next week to try and sort it.

Going to get it back to a great standard if he can get it running. Noticed last week the bottom runner channel where the sliding door wheels run on is rotten.

Can I source this part, get the rotten bit cut out and new bit welded in or will my dad (fabricator) have to fabricate a new piece of metal to suit and weld it in.

I'm sure I will have many more questions.

Thanks in advance (pictures to follow)

Jack (owner of the Poonj mobeel)

Hi Jack, welcome to the forum. The sliding door channel rot is a common problem, it may be best to get your Dad to fabricate a new panel and get that welded (if it's not too difficult, he may be able to start a business selling them!)
    Some people have cut the panel from a scrap van and used that.
    Looking forward to pictures mate.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, he doesn't seem to think it would be too,difficult. We'll see!

My sump pan has rotted also, any ideas where to source one? £70 seems to be the best deal from numerous breakers yards

Jack

Comment

The plastic ones you get on eBay for around £30 are bad, inhave one fitted to mine

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          The plastic ones you get on eBay for around £30 are bad, inhave one fitted to mine

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
          Put one on mine rubbish the only good thing it stops the oil dripping on the drive

Sent from my D6603 using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
          X