Caravelle to camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caravelle to camper

We have bought a 1997 VW T4 Caravelle 2.5L petrol auto box. We are hopeing to converter her into a camper/day van, but want to also keep as many seats as possible, we also have a 1998 eriba caravan which we can tow with us for longer stays away, but want to do the odd night or two just with the van. There is a list of jobs to do to get her how we want her, but it will be a bit at a time. First on the list is removing the ricon wheelchair lift from the side, and then putting a decent exhaust back on instead of the little makeshift one that comes out by the front passenger door. Anyway we will update you with pics etc... As we progress with her. Below are a few pics of her now.

Cheers!
    Ruby97

Looking good! It looks like the engine bellypan is off though? Were they fitted to all T4s?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nozzle View Post
      Looking good! It looks like the engine bellypan is off though? Were they fitted to all T4s?
      There were and very well spotted!!

Comment

I drove around with mine off for a week or so whilst changing the water hoses and checking for leaks, I didn't like it to be honest, all that rain water/ dirt / stones etc. made me worry it did!

Comment

I've not had mine on for two years [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

It will be worth sticking that on evilBay. I used to have a renault master ambulance (washes out mouth with soap) and took mine out - got £400 for it
            My build - http://just-t4s.co.uk/blog.php?249

Comment

Well the side disability ramp is now off, and what a difference, it took 4 blokes to manhandle it off, they recon it weighed about 1/2 ton, I have now ordered new springs etc as the vehicle has now gone up in the world by about 4-5 inchs. We also had a full hand made stainless steel exhaust made and fitted with twin outlet to replace the small makeshift ones one that someone had fitted with pipes to small, choking our poor Ruby, but wow to hear her purr now is a delight, and wow does she perform well now. New alloys next lol, try and get some pics on later.

Cheers,
              Paul

Comment

looks good. same colour as my velle and ours is now a day van/camper with poptop, ehu, leisure battery and rear cooker unit under shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by karma846 View Post
                  looks good. same colour as my velle and ours is now a day van/camper with poptop, ehu, leisure battery and rear cooker unit under shelf.
                  Don't suppose ur willing to share pics of your rear cooker unit? we are thinking of doing the same thing

sent from the van

Comment

Here you go. This was before trimming. You can see the bed board in place too.

Comment

That is a cracking bit of work there mate bet ur well chuffed with it

sent from the van

Comment

Originally posted by jonwaite View Post
                        That is a cracking bit of work there mate bet ur well chuffed with it

sent from the van
                        Thanks Jon

Yes I am. We've had a full camping season with it now and I'm happy with the layout and functionality. It gets lots of comments when I'm stood cooking under the tailgate. The only thing I would add is a 240v socket. I may do this over winter.

Comment

Good to hear mate we always used the awning for cooking but want to be able to go off without it so decided to go for the rear cooker unit just need to save for the smart bed evolution first then work out space ect

sent from the van

Comment

It's very handy as can be used on day trips too. I remember stopping in a lay-by on the way back from bridlington over winter and making a brew. It was next to a busy main road and we got some odd looks.

Comment

Ha ha I bet but there loss

sent from the van

Comment

Working...
                              X